FAQ & INSTALL
ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
How do I know if Plant Traps are for me?
1. Your floor ledge extends 4 or more inches beyond a bottom horizontal rail.
2. Your vertical balusters have at least 2" between them.
The Plant Trap is not for you if your railing has a solid face (glass) or your deck's floor does not extend beyond the railing.
How do I install Plant Traps?
1. Slide under & against interior of bottom horizontal rail. Lift plant over railing & reach between spindles to handle & lower safely to shelf.
2. Position planter flush against exterior of railing. Drive stake thru holes & down into soil. Stake at an angle if railing is thick. Check & adjust occasionally.
Can I still use Plant Traps if I have less than 4" of ledge?
Yes, but you must have a ledge. To bolster shelf for larger pots or to prevent tipping on shorter ledges fasten a small L-bracket to the bottom slit of Trap. Position bracket against ledge & tighten to Trap. Use a wing nut for tool-free hand tightening. Hardware not included. Note: You don't have to attach anything to your deck. The L-bracket sits against deck and is fastened to the slit in the bottom of the Trap.
Rest assured your Plant Traps are tool-free and easy to install. However, if you find yourself in need of bolstering them, here are two great tips.
1. For plastic containers you may choose to drill a very small hole down thru the top lip. Insert one prong of the stake through lip and the other into the soil. This is especially helpful for shorter containers where the stake doesn't have a lot of soil to grab.
2. Bolt your pot to the drain hole.
What is the return policy?
I aim for 100% satisfaction. Before buying please double check you have:
1. A horizontal bottom rail.
2. At least 4 inches of deck ledge beyond (outside) the bottom horizontal rail.
3. Vertical balusters with at least 2" in between them.
Return shipping is the customer's responsibility. You will have 21 days from delivery to email email@example.com for return authorization. Do not send product back without return authorization.
How much weight can Plant Traps hold?
Up to 35 lbs per Trap.
How tall can my container be?
Up to 12” in order to fit on the shelf and under the top tab.
How fat can my container be?
The depth of the shelf will be 12” minus the thickness of your bottom rail. Do not exceed the depth of the shelf.
How many Traps do I need to support window like long boxes?
Usually two. One for every 35 lbs of weight.
What is the hole in the bottom for?
The slot is primarily for drainage. It can also be lined up and secured to your planter's drain hole with a screw & nut (not included).
Can I paint my Plant Trap?
Yes, use paint that’s approved for metal and follow instructions.
What is the Plant Trap made from?
A rust-resistant steel product called Galvanneal.
Can I put anything else on my Plant Trap?
We must insist - nothing else should be supported by a Plant Trap but plants and their containers.
What do I do if the Plant Trap is tipping?
Re-position the planter and Trap tightly around the railing and restake or try a smaller container.